Exercises that Improve Your Brain FunctionPosted on
We all know that exercise helps you stay fit, keeps you physically healthy and tones you. But did you know that exercise actually improves your brain function? Yes you heard correctly.
Exercise actually helps you alleviate depression through the release of stress and endorphins. It also improves your memory with an influx of blood flow to the brain. It helps you de-stress and makes you more focused. Researchers have also showed that regular exercise requires such a long and consistent effort that this can help you mentally develop the ability to commit and follow through with your goals. An increased ability to follow through with your goals while getting toned? Sign us up!
After doing our research we have compiled a list of how to choose the best exercise for optimal brain function so you ace your exams:
- Research says that anything good for your heart is also good for the brain.
- Exercising first thing in the morning is great for your body and brain. Morning exercise spikes brain activity and allows the mind to prepare for stress throughout the day. It also assists he brain in producing increased information retention and better reactions to complex situations.
- A few jumping jacks here and there are scientifically proven to refresh the mind.
- If you are working out alone choosing a circuit workout can spike your heart rate and keep your attentive abilities working.
- Cardio is great for the blood flow to the brain however changing your work out occasionally to incorporate cardio with coordination (like dancing) will exercise your brain at the same time.
- Aerobic exercise has been proven to assist with the recovery of damaged brain cells.
- 30 minutes of exercise a day has been proven to improve brain function
So what are you waiting for? At Australis we are setting ourselves some fitness goals so we can enhance our brain function. Why don’t you do this with us?