If you want to pay for your course using the VET Student Loan Scheme
Australis College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that has been approved by the Australian Government to offer VET Student loans to eligible students undertaking approved higher-level VET qualifications (diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate and graduate diploma courses).
If you are thinking of enrolling into a VET course at the diploma level or above, you may be eligible for a VET Student Loan to pay upfront for your tuition fees.
Whilst you do not pay for the course on enrollment, the VET Student loan becomes a HELP debt with the Commonwealth Government and needs to be repaid. These loans are only approved on meeting certain eligibility and entry criteria. (For full information, please refer to the VET Student Loan Page for detailed information).
VET Student loans can be used to fully or partially cover the cost of course tuition fees. It is charged on a unit by unit basis for the entire VET course of study unless the student wishes to contribute payment towards the tuition fees. Tuition fees covered through VET Student Loans cannot be used to pay for other expenses such as textbooks, equipment, travel and accommodation.
Our Student Entry Procedure Steps
The following outlines the Australis College’s Student Entry Procedure for VET Student Loan applications.
- Contact our friendly course consultants to discuss your career goals and the course pathway options to help you get there.
- Your course consultant will ask questions about prior learning, work experience and time commitment towards study.
- If you wish to enrol, your course consultant will offer payment options and determine your eligibility for VET Student loan or other funding options.
- To apply for a VET Student Loan you will be required to provide evidence of 1 of the following:
- Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education
- AQF qualification at a level IV and above where the course was delivered in English
- If neither of these can be provided, you will be provided access to a Government approved Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) to determine your suitability for the course. Australis College is permitted to refer students to the CSPA should there be any concerns about your ability to successfully complete the course. To be eligible for a VET Student Loan you will need to achieve an exit level 3 or higher.
- After providing copies of the certificates above, or successfully completing the CSPA, our student services team will guide you through the enrolment process and 2 days later provide you with the government electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) application.
- Please note your parent or guardian will need to co-sign the application form and sign an Australis College parental consent form if you are less than 18 years of age.
To read a copy of our full Student Entry Procedure for VET Student Loan Eligibility please click here.
Click here to find out more about VET Student Loan
Click here to see a copy of our full student enrolment policy